I don’t think our missing contestant is going to surface so let’s just hope she’s okay.
Yes we have a winner!
Three winners, actually… well heck, you’re all winners in my book!
Here are the answers for Round 3
1. Name the cracker company who for years had a recipe for Mock Apple Pie on the box back. (1 point)
Answer: Ritz Crackers (MrG found this recipe for me recently and I may have to surprise him with one of these tasty treats!)
2. Name the movie from 1966. Horrible acting and laughable special effects elevate this story of a family ensnared by a satanic cult a notch above your average bad horror film. Highlights include a Satan-like character who can’t stop laughing; the dreaded hounds of hell (or are those mangy dogs with big ears glued on?); and Torgo the monstrous henchman, who you know is evil because he has giant knee caps (a sure sign of the devil’s work). Yes, there’s even a catfight between gals in sheets! (2 points)
Answer: Manos: The Hands of Fate (Lordy what a treat this movie is!)
3. Fudgie the Whale is a versatile ice cream cake in the shape of a whale and was originally decorated as such, over the years the shape was adapted for holiday uses. The Easter Bunny could be depicted by using the whale's body as the face and the tail decorated to be his ears. Other characters, like leprechauns and Santa Claus were depicted in much the same way. Fudgie the Whale was often promoted around Father's Day, using the slogan, "For a whale of a dad." Name the ice cream company that developed Fudgie the Whale. (1 point)
Answer: Carvel (Remember a barely coherent Tom Carvel asking you to buy his ice cream cakes?? He must have been the idea man behind MrG’s favorite, Cookie O’ Puss.)
4. The first of these was built in 1936, and was 13 feet long. It cost $5000 to build, and was made in Chicago. The most recently built one is 27 feet long and seats 6. Its V-8 engine is definitely needed to power this thing, and looks like it not only needs lots of gas but could give you lots of gas too! What unique yellow and orange item is this? (2 points)
Answer: The Oscar Meyer Weinermobile
5. This West Point attendee is considered to have popularized detective fiction as well as creating poems and stories of a more macabre nature. A rose and a glass of Cognac are left on his grave every year by a mysterious fan. (1 point)
Answer: Edgar Allan Poe
6. Name the cool ghoul TV personality who performed autopsies on Jell-O. He also hosted a weekly horror movie show and recorded a song which cracked the US Top 10 chart in the 1950's. (1 point)
Answer: John Zacherle
7. This Hollywood legend plays a doctor brought back from the dead, kept alive by drinking human blood. This may be the first film character to pet white furry animals as an indicator of insanity. The white stripe in the hair was also a clue. Who is this actor/actress? (2 points)
Answer: Humphrey Bogart
8. Name the cartoon from the 1970's that featured Dracula, a Witch, a Werewolf and a Mummy living together in a haunted hotel cracking jokes and singing songs to warp little impressionable minds like mine. (1 point)
Answer: The Groovy Goolies and they all lived at Horrible Hall
Then we had the tie-breakers for the Prize Baskets
For Jademage and Food B*tch
1. Who is MrG.?
Answer: My husband
2. Who waits with CheesePuff while my cupcakes bake?
Answer: Jar Jar Binks
3. In which of the United States did I grow up?
4. Guess the dollar amount, without going over, that I recently spent on gross candy at Oriental Trading Co.(closest dollar amount wins).
Answer: I’m afraid to tell you but JadeMage was closest (without going over) at $114.95
5. Since I don't get many Trick-or-Treaters, what will I be doing with all the gross candy from Oriental Trading that I can't possibly eat? Be specific.
Answer: Sorry, you folks are not getting this candy… I’m selling it on Ebay.
For Hauntedwoods and Kadavar
1. Who is CheesePuff?
Answer: my daughter
2. What is the name of the pinball machine in my basement that CheesePuff is playing in one blog photo?
Answer: Space Invaders
3. Which Brainnn Candy contestant is my mother?
4. Which other Brainnn Candy contestant is a blood relation to me?
Answer: AJTossie is my aunt
5. There are two other Brainnn Candy Contestants that I have met in person. Name one of them.
Answer: Mbabes and Talulah Bankhead
Round 3 had a total possible score of 11 Points while the tie-breaker round had a total possible score of 5 Points for each group.
Here are the final scores:
JadeMage -- 35 points (First Prize)
mbabes -- 27 points
miss lapin – 25 points
Talulah Bankhead -- 13 points
Coof -- 22 points
Food B*tch – 34 points (Second Prize)
Kadavar -- 30 points (Third Prize)
Hauntedwoods/Adam -- 29 points
Rabbitch -- 25 points
AJTossie -- 3 points
Does anyone recall the mystery prize I talked about at the beginning of the contest? We have a winner of that too! Our winner is AJTossie for all her smart-alleck guesses. Everything from Young Frankenstein being offered WD40 before retiring for bed, to Little Lulu Goes to Hawaii as an answer to the Groovy Goolies Q. Her Prize? (and this was MrG’s idea) Chocolate covered ants! Just what she always wanted.
Prize winners should be keeping an eye on their mail carriers for signs of gross candy sneaking for the next couple of weeks (hopefully no deliveries take that long!).
I want to thank you all for playing and for making this a lot of fun for me. From the emails I've received, it sounds as if you all had a lot of fun too.
I have a bunch of new gross candy to be reveiwed so keep a watchful gummy eye out for that.
Technorati tags candy+contest+horror+movies+food