Search This Blog

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mommy Day

Sometimes it's really cool to be a Mom especially if you can see past all the annoying things kids do like being sassy when you have PMS, asking for ridiculous things like breakfast and asserting their independence before they are 18.

I have been raising my kid to think it's okay to have an imagination even though her First Grade teacher would rather she be quiet and not try to take her job already. Seeing her imagination at work is at once a wondrous and scary thing. My husband keeps telling me that she's happier with an imagination and that's the way it should be even if it makes me miserable when she can outthink me. I hope at some point my doctor will give me a shot that lets me keep up with her.

MrG (hubby) has reminded me on many occasions about the days before she spoke when I longed to hear some words from her. At the time, he comforted me and said I shouldn't rush her and that once the words started to flow, the kid logic would soon kick in and I would wonder how in the world she could come up with such stuff. When he told me these things, I believed him since he already had older children and I figured he must know what he's talking about. What I didn't realize was that it would be a regular occurance.

As said during her afternoon snack: "I bet Heaven smells like peanut butter and lilacs."

How can one possibly argue?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mommy's Day to you.
Kid logic is one reason we never had kids -- don't want to seem dumber than the child.

Anonymous said...

THis is one of the finest blogs I've ever visited