Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Welcome Back -- or, See How I'm Wrapping Up My Summer

Dear people, I suppose you're tired by now of my excuses for not blogging often and telling of all my food adventures. The truth is, I've been hoarding my food adventures. Awful of me, I know. But I have begun to realize that my attention just can't be held by hundreds of photos of beautiful food creation processes. I want to see the mess, the slop and the yuck of food. (Don't worry, I won't be making any trips to chicken-processing plants!)

Other than food, one of my greatest pleasures is Halloween and I think I should try to incorporate my love of food and Halloween for more than one month of the year. That means many of my upcoming food tales will be about fun and yucky food or candy.

In the mean time, see why I've been so busy?



Our old house was insulated by injecting foam through holes drilled in the siding.


Then we got it painted (no, it's not finished yet). The neighbors HATE the new color. Luckily, they haven't turned into an angry mob about it yet. Maybe they're all still away on vacation. Don't mind all those weeds, it's been too hot to do anything about that.


Even CheesePuff is helping out.


Then there's this. Do you know what this is? This is my sad sad kitchen without a stove. Our old stove was struck by lightning and the new stove... well gee, um, SOMEbody (me) measured wrong and the new stove didn't fit. But the installers tried to make it fit and shattered the entire top. This all occurred during prime jamming time so no jam has been made. My freezer is full to the gills with fruit waiting to be made into jam. (Once the second new stove got here, the A/C broke so I didn't even dare try to test it out!)

Now that school is back on and the weather is beginning to cool off and the A/C is fixed... well, let's just say I have a long list of catch-ups. Blogging included.

Y'all come back now, 'hear?

No comments: