Search This Blog

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Brainnn Candy Contest



Help me break-in my new format by joining me and a few zombies as we host a Trivia Contest!

Beginning Sunday, Sept. 10, 2006 I'll be posting trivia questions about food, candy, horror, movies... (whatever I can come up with, really) to try and stump you (get it, zombie... stump...?) ahem, I'll do my best not to keep that up. You can answer the questions via comments and the first person to correctly answer each question will receive points (I haven't figured out all the details yet but I'll be as official and fair as possible). The person with the most points at the end of the contest will win an actual prize!

I will ask additional questions on Sunday, Sept. 17 and Sept. 24, 2006 and you may attempt to answer questions until the end of the contest on Saturday, Sept. 30, when winners will be announced and prizes will be awarded.

In order to receive your prize(s) you must register for the contest. Email me fabulous_cheesebabe[at]yahoo[dot]com with "Brainnn Candy Contest" as your subject line and let me know what name you will be playing (commenting) under. No need to give me all your snail-mail details now, I'll just need that if you win. You may register at any time before the end of the contest but, the more people who register early, the bigger and better the prizes get. So, if I only get 5 folks who register before the trivia begins, we'll have one First Prize winner. 10 folks who register before the trivia begins will ramp up to one First Prize and one Second Prize winner. 15 early registrations will result in one First Prize winner, one Second Prize Winner and one Third Prize winner. More early registrations means better prizes too, so tell your friends to register early. One registration per email address, okay? Let's not get greedy here... it's mostly about the fun.


Mr.G has agreed to be the impartial judge so if I screw up a question or there is some debate over validity, he'll give the final call. This contest will be open to everyone except Mr.G, who will probably help me select a few questions.

So what kind of prizes are you playing for? The First Prize Basket begins with Harry Potter Cockroach Clusters, a Bug Factor Lollipop, sour Ear Wax Candy, and an Alien Glow Pop (you see the Zombie at the top holding one). More to be (hopefully!) added soon but that's all up to you folks.


Once again, email me fabulous_cheesebabe[at]yahoo[dot]com with a subject line of Brainnn Candy Contest and don't forget the underscore (_) between fabulous and cheesebabe. Just include the ID you'll be using in the comments section so I can accurately award points as the trivving begins.


Update 9/3 - We now have enough registrants to allow First Prize and Second Prize! The First Prize Basket now holds:Harry Potter Cockroach Clusters, a Bug Factor Lollipop, sour Ear Wax Candy, and an Alien Glow Pop plus a Harry Potter Chocolate Frog [comes with a Collectible Wizard Card], Lightning Pumpkins Gummie Candy, and Captain Muddy's Bug Tube and Tweezers.
The Second Prize Basket now contains: :Harry Potter Cockroach Clusters, a Bug Factor Lollipop, and an Alien Glow Pop.

2 comments:

Bad Bunni said...

Oh man I can't believe I'm going to cop to this but I love Harry Potter Cockroach Clusters. They are seriously tasty. I'm so down with this. Look for Miss Lapin. Those clusters are mine!

JadeMage said...

I'm going to do this one for the goody bags I plan to give out for Halloween.