Search This Blog

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jog

It's always fun to go back to the place where I grew up, see what's the same and what has changed and grown while I wasn't looking. I had a nice visit with family and ate amazing food and have many pictures to share once I wake up completely and get everything uploaded.

The landscape around my hometown has changed quite a bit in the last 5 years but seeing areas that were once thriving dairy farms turned into housing developments was more than a bit disheartening. There are still plenty of corn fields and farms with mowed acres of lawn, I simply had to drive off the main highway to see them.

The flight home was pretty much a disaster and I was exhausted and more than a little cranky by the time we finally made it home last night after being in the airport all day. We left our motel at 7:30 am CDT and didn't arrive home until after 8pm EDT. I don't mind an hour or so layover from flight to flight because it gives me time to travel to the next gate, use the potty, get a bite to eat and if I'm lucky, rest for a couple of minutes... but this was too much. Our original layover was to be 2 1/2 hours, but an announcement from the airline stated there was bad weather en route to Baltimore (although no such weather delay for Washington D.C. -- which is less than 45 minutes from Balt.) which delayed our take-off by 4 hours. Once we finally landed at BWI, we could see how the sunny, 90 degree weather could be considered inclement! [rolling eyes] Someone took a bit of my luggage by mistake; I wrote down the wrong stop for long-term parking; and once we got to the car, I thought I had left my car keys in the suitcase that was missing. Thankfully, I was smart enough to bring the keys in my purse... I simply had to dig to the bottom.

We all slept in this morning... thank goodness. Mr.G was sleepy last night and agreed to CheesePuff's request for a motorcycle ride today so... somehow three of us are going to squeeze onto the cycle later and take a little ride.

No comments: